A day as Visual UX/UI designer in Publicis Sapient | Sapient Bangalore Feedback

How did my journey start in Publicis Sapient? 

I am a part of the Publicis Sapient Design and client-side delivery team. I joined as Junior Art Director Level 2 around two years back in 2019 when Publicis Sapient was newly formed from the cluster of different companies. Digital Marketing team size has grown significantly over the period, so has different complementary teams such as Designers, Writers and Marketers.

 

I am part of the Design team and have a client for whom we handle different requirements and work with people with different experiences. I work with the Content writer, the Content Strategist, the Marketing team managers and Client spokepersons - all for a single design production sometimes.



How work is distributed?

Some people are allocated to a single project for 100% of their work efforts, or in simple language, we are dedicated to a single project. Some people are working on multiple projects at a time like one of my friends spends 4 hours a week on my project only. In the best-case scenario, we are responsible for all activities and it is easy to collaborate and accomplish the tasks. I especially like the Publicis Sapient Bangalore work culture, where people are open, forthcoming, talented and professional.

 

What work I do in Publicis Sapient?

 

My day is usually filled with regular activities such as collaborative work, discussing new video strategies, designing infographics and social media posts. 

What makes all this work exciting is the research behind it. I get to talk with many people to know what they have in mind for a particular post. It is exciting to do competitive analysis and research. It is exciting to see my hard work is finally paying, and when those designs are posted on social media websites. 

 

What excites me the most is that some of the clients are passionate about Sustainable Climate and Living. I love doing the research and creating those posts most as these are my passion also. I want my work to make a difference in someone's life. Since my passion and work align sometimes, I look forward to such instances.

 

I work for about 9 hours a day, maintain a work-life balance even during remote working. The working environment of my team is open, transparent and flexible. My manager follows the mantra that, "if people maintain their work-life balance, they are more creative and use out-of-the-box thinking in the work."

 

The best thing to highlight in this Sapient Bangalore feedback is that Sapient's work ethics seems like a good trade-off for me, as I get to maintain my work-life with friends and family even during working from home. 

 

How does an average working day look like?

My workday usually starts by checking emails first thing in the morning. I try to maintain 9 am to 6 pm discipline, even during remote working. Having a time discipline and separating work timings with family time creates a separation even during remote working. 

After going through the emails, I finish any last-day pending activity and priority tasks that need to be discussed in the 11 am Daily Scrum meeting. 

 

After the scrum call, it is mostly a list of activities that need to be completed, collaborate with people and finish the sprint task lists for the week.

 

I once read in one of the Sapientrazorfish Bangalore reviews that your work depends on what your career aspirations are. I find that true for me. 

Comments