How Do I Maintained Visibility in Remote Working with Sapient | Publicis Sapient Reviews

Extended remote working has presented some of the challenges for the employers as well as employees. People earlier counted on chance encounters and small chit-chats over the water coolers, as a great way to connect and create bonding. 

So today, I am writing about how I maintained visibility as one of the Publicis Sapient Gurgaon reviews.  


I had worked remotely in my previous organization, but it was only for one day in a week. At that time, I made some mistakes in terms of visibility. However, it was only for one day of week, things worked out nicely. 

1. Have some daily rituals- I am working in Publicis Sapient for the last four years and have a comfortable life here. So, when offices closed for months, I created some rituals and rules to maintain visibility. Like as simple as wishing “Good Morning”. 

2. Make conversation on Zoom/Team meetings- I am an introvert, so when all work conversations shifted to online mode, I faced issue of fading out. With proactive approach, I ensure that I am part of team conversations and make some suggestions as well.

3. Keeping Camera On, if possible, in team meetings- People do not like talking to an “Avatar” or to your picture. My manager even said so. So, I try to keep my Camera “On” during daily scrum calls so that people can make connection with me.  

4. Complete your work on time, better before it- While working from home, it is easy to lose track of time and it may affect your delivery time. So, ensure that you have taken reasonable steps to complete work on time. Always go extra mile to double check work for mistakes. And if you feel that work deadlines are a bit stringent, convey it beforehand. 

5. Always be ready to help teammates- One usefulness of keeping some extra time for work is, using that time to help a colleague. You may debug a solution together or can be extending your knowledge. But helping others and making sure that your manager notices this behavior is crucial. 

My methods may not apply to you, or you may feel them childish. You can create your own solutions, just ensure that being in touch and maintaining some daily rituals go a long way in creating visibility in remote working.

Having visibility ensures that your work is appreciated, and people look upon you as someone dependable, integral part of team. At the end of the day, being an important part of team is critical for your successful career growth. 

Comments

  1. Sapient company review have always been helpful to may professionals. I believe a review post gives a great insight on a company's work culture and ethics. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covid has hit the world really hard. At such times, we all need to be connected at workplace. I am glad that Sapient work culture is still the same even in remote working. Know more about Sapient Gurgaon reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment