What is the onsite opportunity in Sapient?

Almost all top IT MNCs in India, be it TCS, HCL or Accenture, provide onsite opportunities. Publicis Sapient is no different in this matter.

I joined Publicis Sapient in 2019, so I can give an idea from then onwards. If you are looking for how onsite opportunities have evolved from Sapient Razorfish, please check Sapientrazorfish Bangalore reviewsfor that purpose.



Opportunities:

PS has clients all over the world, so it depends on your project and skills where you can get the onsite opportunity.

You may go to the USA, UK, Sweden and Netherlands from Publicis Sapient if your work permit is made successfully. To know more about these policies, refer to policies in the “Immigration and Visa” category in PS internal People Portal.

Once you have decided on your destination, talk to your manager about your onsite aspirations and s/he will connect you with the appropriate person. It may be possible that a project is not available in your technology, you may have to compromise on location or technology stack.

Compensation:

Publicis Sapient provides good compensation and health insurance in all locations. Generous compensation is provided for all locations, which usually covers dependents’ costs also. For example, if you are taking your spouse with you, Publicis Sapient may provide airline tickets for kids and spouse along with visa and health insurance.

For the UK, I can tell that some of the bachelors had saved approx. 1 lakh INR every month even after visiting Scotland.

My onsite experience in the UK:

I went onsite from Gurgaon to Reading, United Kingdom for a one-year role in 2020 starting. However, I had to shorten my assignment due to the rise in COVID cases and returned to India in March end.

I enjoyed my short trip immensely. First of all, it is winter in the UK in January where the sun sets at 4 pm and rises at 9 am. It was a unique experience for me to witness morning activities like school-going children in the night light. 😊

Reading is a city near London with direct train and bus with approx. 1-hour journey. So you can spend all your weekends exploring London and nearby cities like Oxfordshire, Durdle Door (covered in many popular Bollywood movies) and Longleat (which has Gurukul of "Mohabbatein" movie).

I remember having planned a day trip where we covered 3 sightseeing spots like Madame Tussauds, River cruise and London Eye in a single day. I was exhausted and exhilarated by the end of the day.

Some of my friends’ kids were super excited to visit King's Cross station (Harry Potter's fans will know its importance) and the Lord's stadium in London itself the next weekend.

Another thing I liked about onsite work is everyone followed strict 8:30am to 5:30pm timings in the UK. The teammates were amazing, and the office was also cool. Market and clinics closed at 5 pm, so if you have to go to the doctor, take time off in-office hours. After-evening hours are reserved for family, which created a very good work-life balance.

I have blabbered enough about my experience; I will stop now. If you want to read some more about onsite opportunities in the past, consider checking Publicis Sapient Bangalore reviews.


Source: What is the onsite opportunity in Sapient?

Comments